Energy is defined as “the strength and vitality required for sustained physical or mental activity.” It’s your most valuable, renewable resource.
You can choose activities that drain your energy or build it. You can choose people who energize you or suck you dry, and you can choose foods that fuel you or leave you exhausted.
We gain energy by eating nurturing foods and drinking vibrant beverages that support our physical health. Even more critical to energy are the relationships we choose to engage in, career satisfaction, physical exercise, and a fulfilling spiritual practice.
Having energy is so important to me these days with a toddler and a new baby on the way. I have to intentionally eat the right foods and do the activities that energize me so that I can be there for my daughter and get things done at home and in my business. And not only that, having energy brings me to life and out of my own head. When I’m feeling sluggish or exhausted, my mind can play tricks on me and make me want to eat unhealthy, avoid the things I enjoy and even feel sad.
When you learn what gives you energy, all areas of your life will improve.
HERE’S HOW TO INCREASE YOUR ENERGY
1. TAKE ONE DAY A WEEK where your only goal is to relax and recharge. Sleep all day if you want to, read
books, go to the spa, get a massage, do some light and fun cooking. Keep in mind that your version of relaxing is unique to you and doesn’t have to look like someone else’s version. The only rule is that you do things that will relax and recharge you on this day.
2. GO FOR HIGH-QUALITY FOOD. Whenever you can, choose high-quality food: organic, local, grass-fed, sustainable, fair trade. These types of food are much more energizing for the body and better for the planet.
3. MAKE EVERY MEAL A RITUAL. Sit down, light some candles, breathe, and put your fork down between bites. Slowing down and making your food and the experience look and feel beautiful will greatly help your digestion and happiness. You’ll be more satisfied, and your weight will balance out naturally.
4. FIND A BUDDY FOR SUPPORT. Get support from a Health Coach, a therapist, or simply a friend. Schedule dates or sessions once every two weeks at minimum to talk about yourself and process emotions with an unbiased person listening.
5. CREATE A MORNING ROUTINE. To set the tone for each day, take some time in the morning to breathe, meditate, do yoga, dance, journal, and/or make breakfast. There is no requirement here except simply blocking out some time to engage in activities that feel great. Pick a few things you like to do and experiment.
Pick one or two ideas from the list to incorporate into your life today!
NEED MORE TIPS AND SUPPORT ON INCREASING YOUR ENERGY?
Click HERE to sign up for my FREE 7 Day Healthy Habits Challenge where you’ll learn how to easily incorporate simple habits and food choices that will help you look better and feel more energized.
You can also become a member of my private Facebook group to receive weekly tips and inspiration for healthy living. We’d love to have you!
Certified Health Coach and mother of two