I wanted to share 3 easy tips you can apply to your diet now to reduce your sugar intake while still getting something sweet and enjoying your food. These are easy steps you can take now for long-term health benefits. The key is to eat foods that do not raise your blood sugar level, which is what causes fat storage and leads to illness, such as type 2 diabetes, depression, and obesity. So, here are my go to’s when I am craving sweetness:
- Use Stevia as a sweetener for baking, cooking, coffee sipping, etc. It is plant based and all natural.
- Eat berries or green apples with coconut/almond butter. So satisfying and filling due to the fiber from the fruit and protein from the butter.
- Make a chia pudding for breakfast or dessert. Delicious and sugar-free. See recipe below If you make it, comment and let me know how you like it!
These 3 steps can really improve your overall health and make you feel lighter and more energetic. More of the good stuff will naturally help crowd out the bad stuff!
BLUEBERRY CHIA SEED BREAKFAST PUDDING
Prep Time: 10 minutes, plus 12 hours chill time (suggested overnight)
Cook Time: none | Serves: 4
2 cups wild, organic blueberries, divided
¾ cup coconut milk (full fat)
¼ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon real vanilla extract
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup chia seeds
½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
2 tablespoons hemp seeds
¼ cup walnuts, crushed
1. In a blender, blend 1 cup blueberries with coconut milk.
2. Add salt, vanilla, cinnamon and chia seeds to a bowl. Pour in blueberry mixture and stir to combine. Seal in an airtight container in the fridge for 12 hours or overnight.
3. When ready, give pudding a stir. Divide into 4 small bowls and top with coconut, hemp seeds, walnuts and remaining berries.